20100705

Dragonfly

Would it seem strange to you if you watched a grown man walking around with his camera gear following bugs?  Well? Ok, I'm that freak... for some reason I just really like taking pictures of insects, and when you see this picture I hope that you'll understand why.  I really like this photo.  It reminds me of the photos that you see in the insect identification books.

In Kaiam there are plenty of "bugs" to take photos of... half the time you're more interested in swatting at them rather than pointing a lens at them, but you get the idea.  The last week or so that we were in the Penale the dragonflies came out in pretty amazing numbers and pretty soon my 16Gb card was full of photos and video, not only from the local dragonfly populations, but also of several types of insects that I'm not really sure how to classify yet.  I'm hoping to get a PNG insect book to help me out with that identification problem, but I haven't come across any stores with that type of thing in Mt. Hagen yet.

No comments: