20100131

2008 Rav4

I took some time off of my posting in order to log some information on my 2008 Rav4 (V6 Sport, if that matters, hey, it's got the JBL's... ;-) Since I purchased the car a couple years ago, I've been recording every gallon of fuel that goes into it.  Yes, I'm strange that way.  But I also figured that it would present some interesting information on my driving habits, and overall cost of ownership of a brand new vehicle... which I'm still amazed that I own.  To date, I have spent a little over $3500 in fuel and driven over 23,100 miles on just under 1100 gallons of gas.  I don't actually have TCO numbers right now because I haven't figured in all my insurance premiums, plus what the interest expense was and all that stuff... but I'm sure I will at some point.

Anyway, I decided to graph my lifetime fuel mileage verse each fill-up mileage, and this is what I got:

The red line is the lifetime numbers, while the blue jumpy line is the MPG for each fill-up.  Now, I know that -40 has to have an effect on your mileage, what with autostart and all, so I had to graph another one verses temperature.



This is the result:

The bars are my MPG, and the line is temperature in Fahrenheit.  The chart goes from 80 degrees down to about -45.  Doesn't look like it's gotten too cold this year does it?  Well, at least not too bad when I had to fill-up.  Since I had these cool graphs, I wanted to change the legend so I remember what I was looking at, and after a few minutes of "how do I do that?" I asked someone who always knows the answer to my questions: Google.  One of the first pages that I clicked on was a feature request to OOo.org: Ability to directly edit legend text / modify series names.  The bug report is from 2003. :-(

How is it that a seven year old feature request hasn't made it into a program that is directly competing to be the replacement office suit?  Come on OOo... get with the game!

No comments: