20100131

Before and After

Everyone likes before and after photos! Wait... not before and after a
wreck... unless you're some kind of masochist. Are you!?!?

The fist picture is my brand new (hey, new to me) 2004 Rav4 in the
spring of 2007 before I left Lincoln. Shinny hu?

The 2nd picture is after my trip to Alaska, also in the spring and about
15 days after I'd paid it off... Ain't that the $@*!? I turned a
corner and had a head on collision with a Ford Excursion... yeah, the
big ones. She turned 90 degrees in the intersection, and I traveled at
least 90 feet the direction she was headed.

I found out a couple of really nice things through that wreck though:
#1: Yield to bigger vehicles... (you'd have thought I'd already knew
that... ;-)
#2: Airbags are comfy... (Just like a feather pillow traveling at 90
miles per hour) *Pifff*
#3: Airbag propellant burns... Not just your skin (missed me!) but your
lungs too... get out of the vehicle!
#4: Rav4's are safe!... I only had a little bump on my knee that I
didn't even realize I had until the cop asked me if I was fine over ten
minutes later. (I'm 6'2" and the 2004 was not so big itself)
#5: Insurance is a good thing... They wrote me a nice check (minus $500
for the windshield that broke in Colorado)

If I learned more from that experience, I can't think of it right now...
But I do know that the pictures are impressive!

No comments: