20100913

Midway point of airstrip

You're looking down the midway point of the airstrip. Of course it's
all sopping wet in this photo because of a huge rain... As it turns out
my rain gauge goes up to around 60mm (more than 2 1/4") and then it's
overflowing, and on this particular morning the rain gauge was topped
off... Where's my dry season?

With construction about half done it seems like things are going to
start happening quicker. On the left side of the photo is the
"mountain" that we removed. It extended the majority of the way across
the airstrip and the big hole that's now filled with water used to be a
rock... A very large rock (the size of my bucket) that took me the one
entire day to remove... I hope I don't have to do that again!

All the people here keep saying things like "What's that noise? It's
the plane coming to land!"... Though there's still a long way to go...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like chocolate frosting to me. With tire tracks in it. What I want to see is a picture of your shredding tires. And then an picture of the new tires catching a four day ride in a dugout canoe. Walakai!