20100905

New House Construction

Well, work continues on the new house. This is what the new "haus
copper" is looking like, and hopefully soon the floor will be going in.
Then it will probably feel a lot more like a house instead of a picknik
shelter. While I'm busy driving the tractor, Jeff is working on the
house. That will be much nicer to live in than the sac-sac (sago) house
that we currently live in. We hope to be moved in before Christmas.

For the most part I try to ignore what's going on over there. Every
once in a while Jeff will ask me questions like: "Why is the blade on
the saw smoking so badly?" I wrongly assume that he's talking about
cross cutting and that he's not supporting the timber close enough to
where he's cutting... After giving him the advice to move his supports
closer, I decide I'd better investigate. He's using a 4" cut blade to
rip a 5" thick piece of lumber. If the motor wasn't smoking yet, it
would be soon... I told him to use the baby chainsaw instead of
breaking our one and only electric saw. Sometimes it's best not to know...

No comments: