20070704

Day 19

What? There was more?

After my bike ride, I jumped into my vehicle and hit the road. I continued down Canadian Highway 99 and I have to say that this is some serious country. There were several waterfalls that you never even saw until they flashed passed on the passenger side of the vehicle and more than a few were tall enough that I couldn't see the top from inside the vehicle. What's unfortunate though is that most of the road is quite narrow and stopping to take a closer look at the falls would have been extremely dangerous. So instead, many of the sights of the day stay with me.

Most of the day I was having trouble with the speed limits here. Once I got onto Highway 97 the speed limit was 100km/hour. However, most people seemed to travel at nearly 20km/hour more than that. Well, I don't want to hold up traffic now do I?

I'm looking to get up early tomorrow and get a few miles (km?) under me so that I can take my time once I get up to Dawson and the Alcan Highway. I'm expecting a few delays once that leg of the journey begins, so I'd like to make up as much of it now as I can.

Day 19 Distance: 394, Elevation: 656 -> 4206

Continue?

No comments: