20070710

Day 25


Beginning?

After perusing some more of the shops today (and purchasing a knife...
had too, it was calling my name) it was time to head out to Homer.
Unfortunately, most of the day was quite cloudy and things didn't
improve much when I arrived in Homer as the fog preceded my arrival. I
did get a quick look at the spit from on top of the hill, but it was
quickly obscured by the quickly rolling mist.

On the positive side, there was a nicely kept garden of flowers that was
worth taking a few photos of while waiting for the fog to dissipate.

Most of the rest of the day was spent trying to figure out where I was
going to spend the night. There was one possibility of staying with a
friend, but it turns out that she had a job across the inlet so we were
unable to meet up. As it happens, this turned out to be for the best as
I ended up camping next to a guy that works for BP up at Prudhoe Bay.
He takes the data that the NDT guys give him and makes the work orders
assigning how many people and how long the repairs should take. Sounds
like a good guy to know if I wanted to find a testing position. Oh
yeah... I do want to have a testing position.

The rest of the night was spent talking to him, and his new girlfriend
(they met on myspace... go figure) and them trying to put her two boys
and his little girl to bed and me eating the food that he kept telling
me I should eat, which I did. By the end of the night I received some
canned salmon, smoked salmon, halibut, and a couple of beers. And this
was all after I had already eaten my standard five eggs for supper.

I think considering all the food I devoured and the connections made
today that I'll have to put yet another day down as a good day.

Day 25: Didn't record GPS info... whoops... it was bound to happen one day.

Continue?

No comments: