20070714

Day 29


Beginning?

Once again I was awoken to a damp morning, and once again my stomach
gave up without a true fight. Now, any amount of rest seemed to be
stripped away from me at the realization of the saturation of my
surroundings. However, it was not to be an entire loss as shortly after
arrival at the Visitors Center in Fairbanks, the clouds parted reveling
a quite warm glowing sphere in their place. This sudden change in the
environment led to a number of photographic events in the plentiful
flower gardens located around the statue of the unknown first family of
Alaska.

After my photographic desires were subsided, my quest for knowledge
returned and I found myself in the Aircraft Museum located in Pioneers
Park. From the outside the gold dome, which the photographic part of me
lost the battle to photograph, looked quite small, but upon entering the
museum the vastness and tightly packed display cases attested to the
completeness of the museum. A number of hours later, my desire to learn
subsiding, I walked around the park some more to find a Pioneer museum
and a display on the Aurora's, which peaked my interest. The lady
giving the presentation encouraged me to go the the University in town
and see another presentation on the Aurora's that would be quite the
opposite of the presentation found at Watson Lake a number of days ago.
This will have to be put onto the schedule and attended soon as I don't
want to forget about it, or have it pass without my attendance.

With no desire to spend another night in the rain, I called up Craig,
who's company I was trying to get a job through, and requested a place
to stay for the night. He was quite willing to loan the use of a room
in his recently acquired house to me and I spent the night quite dry.

Will it ever end? oh.. I guess so... To be... concluded.

No comments: