20070715

Day 30


Did you REALLY read them all? oh.. good job then. *pats you on the back*

As I am a sucker for even numbers, and this being Day 30, I have to
conclude that this is the final episode in the Alaskan Trip as I have
arrived at my destination. Having learned from Craig that I do not have
a job at his company as they do not have enough work to employ me, I do
not have a job currently. Nevertheless, I see this day as a good
conclusion to the trip and the next phase of exploration can begin: the
quest for a career. Perhaps it will not be a long term career, perhaps
it will be a temporary job that finds me first, but whatever the
employment I fell quite confident that I will be able to perform
admirably at it's requirements.

Since this is the final day of the trip, it is a day of reflection.
Upon reflection, I should have figured out a way to do this type of epic
journey sooner, more often, and in the near future again as I highly
enjoyed it. There were things that would have made it better: a
companion to look at the maps and guides while driving, a second opinion
for more places to view, or a better idea of the truly worthwhile stops
to make. These among other things could have lead to a more fulfilling
experience, but I find things changes to be almost menial and
unchangeable given the circumstances of this trip.

On my epic journey to Alaska I found myself in little physical harm,
with good people and experiences found at nearly every turn. Which
leads me to ask simply:

Where will you go on your epic journey?

Edit1: All of my photos are now online... how's that for taking up space? You can see them here:
Alaska Journey
Alaska Journey - Part 2
Alaska Journey - Part 3

As always, if you see any photos you would like larger (or even the full version), simply click:
On the photo to see it larger,
Then on the "more info" words at the right.
Let me know the filename, and I'll send it to you... easy right? I hope so.

No comments: