20070628

Day 12 & 13


Do not pass go, head directly to the beginning.

The "MAINT REQD" light has been flashing for a few days now, I guess it means I need to get the oil changed. Suppose now is as good of time as any. Got Mobile 1 synthetic put in even though I don't know if synthetic was in before, but I plan on keeping synthetic in there from now on. I didn't really want to, but I got the oil changed at a Walmart Express Lube. Give me a break, it was right next to the gas station in town and I did call another service station that my GPS recommended, but they didn't answer their phone.

On the upside, leaving the parking lot I saw a Tahoe with the following bumper sticker:
"GUNS CAUSE CRIME
like flies cause garbage"

I wasn't too ninja taking the photo, so the lady driving saw me take the photo. I don't think she was too friendly because the other bumper sticker on the vehicle said:
"KEEP HONKING
I'm reloading."

I turned the other direction. We'll leave well enough alone.

So I'm driving down I-84 to Portland, and I'm having trouble breathing. I-84 is right next too the Columbia River, which is breath taking, but not so much that I should be actually having trouble breathing so I glance at my GPS to see what the elevation says. 380 feet and I'm still over 150 miles from Portland! This river is more like a huge inland lake that stretches for hundreds of miles. It's so slow moving that from the roadway I can't tell that it's a river at all. This state must be so flat that the river can't... oh, there's the dam. So that's what 'The Dallas' are... I get it now.

My GPS navigated me through Portland to Schrader's place almost flawlessly. I say almost because the last turn when it should beep faster the last quarter mile from the turn it didn't start until I had passed the corner. Crap... U turn and I'm there.

This place is really full of cars and people. They pack the houses in here, but inside the place is really quite spacious.

Now it's Day 13... It's raining... and since I'm not at all a superstitious person I think I'll just stay home today. I mean, my computer needs some software upgraded... and I have all these photos to go through... I've just got so much work to do that I've just got to stay home right? That's it... I'll just do that then.

Day12 Distance: 513, Elevation: 23 -> 4783

Continue?

No comments: