20070601

Some time on my hands.

Well, as you might imagine, I've had a little time on my hands as I've been recovering, but lucky for me I've got some new toys to play with. This post is to demonstrate the wonders of GPS. Now everyone can see the location and epic journey that took place the night my leg got beautified.

I purchased a handheld GPS unit a few weeks ago, and this was the first trial run for it in the wild. Oh sure I'd driven around town a few times with it, used the GOTO function a few times, but nothing as resourceful as picking out a nearby hospital in order to treat my wounds in a time sensitive matter. How did my Magellan eXplorist 400 fair? Well, you can now see for yourself.

Oh yeah, encase you were wondering why I didn't walk to the road that was close to the location of my injury it's because that's a huge hill, and the way I walked is nice and flat.

Isn't technology grand?

No comments: