20070614

Family Time


Well, yesterday I had a chance to hang out with my sister and her kids before I take off for Alaska. AnnaLiese was a lot of fun to watch. After supper at Val's, she was catching fireflies and the picture here is one of her victims. It was good to see Eliot and AnnaLiese for awhile. We had to work to keep food on Eliot's plate... man can that kid eat, and he's only about a year old right now. AnnaLiese was more excited to find out if I liked the card she wrote for me a few days ago. She wrote me a get well letter and drew a few pictures for me. Boy was I surprised to see that when I opened the letter. It seems that Julie told her about my biking accident and AnnaLiese was sure to tell me all about how bad my "owe" was. That kid doesn't forget much of anything anymore, but it was really cool to have her concerned for me.

I finally broke down and installed Picasa on my laptop. From a first glance, it's very easy to make quick clean edits to photos to add a little more warming to pictures such as this one. I'm sure there are more professional ways to edit this photo, but I'm happy with the result here for all the work I put into it, which was not much. I think it took about four or five minutes to download and install Picasa, then about ten minutes to import all the photos currently on my laptop and less time than that to glance through the features of Picasa, modify a few options, edit this photo and export it to picasaweb. I didn't figure out how to export directly from picasa to picasaweb, but I didn't look that hard either.

No comments: