20070619

Days 3 & 4


If you missed part 1, go read it!

Well, it happened. Something not good. Something car related. That's right, I got pegged by a rock. Not your normal rock that is less motivated than your average pet rock, but a rock traveling at close to supersonic speeds on I-25. Then later that day, my car is sitting in the sun (lots of that during summer turns out) and the expansion causes a force on the windshield and, well, let's just say it's not a rock sized problem anymore. I guess I'll just drive with a cracked windshield for awhile. It's not like I've ever done it before though... lol.

Other than that, I hung out with Vern for a couple of days and that was a blast. I even got a tour of LSI before the drinking started.

On Tuesday, I decided I should sleep in, or rather the beer decided for me. You know that thing about altitude affecting the rate you get oxygen? Well, it has something to do with alcohol too.

After a while I got going and took the short trip down the road to Garden of the Gods and did some sight seeing as well as my first biking since my leg go so gnarled. This happened to be the first real exercise since that happened as well and exercising at 6300 feet when you aren't even in shape for 1200 feet might make a little bit of difference. What I'm saying is that I sucked... big time. Not only was I constantly out of breath, but I was so timid on the jagged rocks that I basically ended up with a fancy hike rather than a bike ride. But at least I can say I did it.

Tomorrow I'll be heading to Moab, hopefully I'll be more prepared for my excursion there.

Day3 Distance: 81.9, Elevation: 5180 -> 7270
Day4 Distance: 2.04, Elevation: 6352 -> 6444

Continue the Trip.

No comments: